Revista Ibero-Americana de Pesquisa em Educação, Cultura e Artes
Ibero-American Journal of Research in Education, Culture and Arts
Revista Ibero-Americana de Investigaciõn en Educaciõn, Cultura y Artes
INVISIBILIDADES, Ibero-American research journal on Education; culture and arts is an international peer-reviewed journal (https://www.apecv.pt/publicacoes/revista-invisibilidades). Thematic scope of the journal includes, but is not limited to theory & practice in arts, arts education and cultural agency. Transdisciplary topics are welcome, e.g. arts and sustainability; arts education and inclusion; technologies; gender and cultural diversity . The journal welcomes all arts disciplines: visual arts, music, dance and other performative arts, their theories, practices and education. The journal grants an open access to all publications and is ranked in the Latin directory of research publications: Latindex . Manuscripts will be accepted in Portuguese, Spanish,Italian; French and English with absctrats in the original language; Spanish and Portuguese.
The journal welcomes articles from all arts disciplines and cross disciplinary fields. The issue is focusing on social engaged art practices and research and community art actions for using arts to overcome societal challenges. The journal includes also the questions of the
joint action between different artistic genres and geographic locations,
innovative art-based practices aimed at mutual understanding, dialogue and civic participation.
articles about internal and external evaluation tools for assessing art social engaged projects
Suggested manuscript formats:
1) a practice-based paper/visual essay which stands on your artistic practice. For visual essay multi-media format can be used, including video, performances etc. All multi-media material has to be followed by the descriptive or content related text. Approximate length is 3,000 words.
2) a research-based paper with a length of approximately 6,000 words.
3) a commentary paper describing an artistic action in 3,000 words.
4) an Interview with artists in multi-media format. Approximate length is 3,000 words.
5) A Book review. Approximate length is 1,000 words.
Stage 1: Please submit manuscripts here
The authors will be notified on the status of their manuscripts
After the acceptance, authors will have time, to submit revised full manuscripts and image files in a folder to be send by internet transfer files.
Send your manuscripts according to APA style. Please do not use footnotes in your text. Please be aware that all images and video files must be of good quality and organised in a folder using
- Word documents for the text with title, author(s); affiliation(s); abstracts; keywords and text)
- images as JPG files. Image Files must be labelled as follows: name of author- caption number- invisibilidades15
- videos as mp3 files. Video files must be labelled as follows: name of author- title of the essay- invisibilidades15
- Photo portrait of the Author(s) in black and white
- Author(s) bio(s)- Approximate length is 300 words.
- Copyright declaration
Queries: Please email email@example.com
Manuscripts will be accepted in Portuguese, Spanish,Italian; French and English with title: keywords and absctrats in the original language; Spanish and Portuguese.
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items:
- Stage 1: The initial manuscript application has to be anonymous in pdf format. No name, no institution should be mentioned. The figures or links to videos have to be included in the paper.
- The article has not been submitted to another journal or published in another journal or if the article or parts of the article were published elsewhere, mention of it and copyright permision for republishing must be provided by the author.
- The figures have the necessary credits and copyright permisions
INVISIBILIDADES is an open source publication with free distribution through APECV webpage published under the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
General Data Protection Regulation
The personal data collected will be used only for the operation of the journal (follow-up of its manuscript until possible publication and, if necessary, proposals for article evaluations and book reports). In no case will they be sold to third parties. According to Portuguese regulations, users of the jornal have the right to view and modify the data about them. The journal follows the REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)
Any article published in Invisibilidades should be in accordance with the Ethical Principles of the Publisher: APECV
Ana María Barbero Franco, UNIR, Universidade Internacional da Rioja; Ana Angelica Albano; Angela Saldanha, (APECV); Carlos Escañõ ,Universidad de Sevilla; Conceição Cordeiro, Politécnico de Portalegre, Portugal; Cristina Trigo Martínez, Faculdade de Educação da Universidade de Santiago de Compostela; Mª Dolores Soto Gonzalez, Universidade de Valência; Fernando Hernández, Universidad de Barcelona, Isabel Bezelga, Faculdade de Educação da Universidade de Évora; Isabel Moreno, Faculdade de Educação da Universidade de Jaén; José Alberto Rodrigues; José Mauro Barbosa, Instituto de Artes da Universidade de Brasília; José Pedro Aznárez López; Leonardo Charréu, Escola Superior de Educação de Lisboa , IPLisboa; Maria Jesus Agra Pardiñas, Faculdade de Educação da Universidade de Santiago de Compostela; Marisa Mass, Instituto de Artes da Universidade de Brasília; Marta Ornelas ,APECV; Mónica Oliveira, Escola Superior de Educação Paula Frassineti do Porto; Olga Olaya Parra, AMBAR Corporación ,Colombia; Rui Alexandre, Universidade Lusíada do Norte, Portugal; Sandra Palhares (Universidade do Minho); Emily Akuno ,Universidade Técnica do Kenya; Maja Maksimovic ,Faculdade de Filosofia,Universidade de Belgrado); Mélanie Sarantou (Universidade da Lapónia); Albane Muriel (Universidade do Québec -Chicoutimi); Raphael Vella ,Universidade de Malta; Christiana Afrikaner ,SSASE,Namibia); Jorge Gumbe, Faculdade de Artes da Universidade de Luanda; Jurema Luzia de Freitas Sampaio, Instituto de Artes, UNICAMP; Rita Inês Petrykowski Peixe, Instituto Federal de Santa Catarina - IFSC; David Limaverde.